Lapsang Vegan Sausage
Yield: 9 small sausages or 12 patties
Spice Mix Ingredients:
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp fennel / crushed
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp sage
- ½ tsp thyme
- 6 tsp Lapsang Souchong Tea
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms
- ¼ cup onions
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 bar of firm tofu (sliced lengthwise into ½ inch thick
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- *tofu can be replaced by 2 cups (15oz) of cooked black eyes peas
Next, we placed them in a pot of boiling water to cook.
We used BBQ sauce and it was perfect. Play around with some different sauces and let us know which worked best for you.
This recipe uses the following tea: Lapsang Souchong
(visit the tea boutique)
Lapsang Vegan Sausage
For more wonderful "Tea based recipes" go to http://tealchemy.ca/blog Ingredients listed below.
Place the tofu in between 2 pieces of paper towel to soak up and extra moisture. This will allow the tofu to absorb liquid from the recipe, keeping the sausages together.
These are scrumptious little treats to have with your other favorite breakfast foods. They also make a tasty appetizer.
Saute the mushrooms with garlic and oil…
Chop up the sun dried tomatoes and add it to the tofu mix…
Use your clean fingers to crumble the tea as the oil from your skin will extract a lot of the flavour. Then crumble up the tea with the balance of the ingredients.
Scoop out 1 cup of the mix onto each piece of saran wrap …
Roll up those sausages tight! A tip from Annie for keeping the filling in place: Tie off one side and then pack the filling down towards that end before tying the second side.
Broccoli Sesame Soy Noodles
6 tbsp soy sauce1
tbsp fresh ginger, grated
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp sugar
1 lb broccoli, stems included
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 red pepper, julienned
1 yellow pepper, julienned
2 green onions, thinly sliced on bias
1/2 lb Chinese noodles, cooked until tender, rinsed in cold water
- Finely chop shallots and slice bacon. Set them aside.
- In the Sautee pan add bacon and sweat it until golden brown.
- Remove bacon and discard bacon fat.In the same pan melt butter and sweat shallots until transparent then add bacon.
- Season with a pinch nutmeg, salt and pepper.Now place spinach on top, cover and take it off the heat and let it cook it its own steam.
- Once cooked drain all the liquid and set it aside for serving.
Note: Do not over cook the spinach. It should be fresh green colour.
Quantity and Ingredients:
- ½ packet Baby Spinach
- 2 slices only Bacon
- 30 g. Shallots, diced
- 30 g. Butter
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- Seasoning – to taste
Vegetable & Vegan recipes